Wooooee cool, I whispered back. I didn't know they could still do that! Will it be dangerous???
On the upside, there will be increased tourism on Guam. You can watch it all in real time on your devices with hashtags and tweets. Just don't look directly!
- Cut and paste optometrist warning.
We have received numerous calls regarding the proper way to view the solar eclipse. None of the glasses, sunglasses or dilating glasses provided by our office are safe to use during the viewing. Glasses must be stamped with an ISO 12312-2 certification. Any product without that designation is to be deemed unsafe. Looking at the sun without proper protection can cause irreversible retinal damage and is not advised. Unfortunately, our office can not supply you with this product.
- Your library might still have free viewing glasses. It definitely has information on making a cardboard box eclipse viewer as a family bonding DIY project.
- Prefer your device? There are apps for the eclipse.
- Unlike the Super Bowl, there won't be fantastic Frito and beer commercials, or sparkly scantily-clad lip-syncing superstars. This is not a real spectacle!
- Check in with NASA for science! Science is a real thing! We used to study it in school!
- Merlin and Walter Cronkite looked alike with those bushy owlish eyebrows.
- Planning to try the interlaced fingers and kitchen colander methods myself.
- History of astronomy? Be brave.
- Solar research?
- One more interesting video on your device.
Merlin has drifted off on a time-travel nap, and I'm trapped in the body of a squirrel.