4/15/2014

Digitizing my wedding

Want to get fit stair-climbing and lifting weights? I've got a deal for you! I'll let you haul boxes filled with photo albums and scrapbooks out of the rental storage unit, and then up the stairs to my apartment. You will, I say YOU WILL feel the burn!

The weight of memories, archives, anecdotes, ephemera, and yellowing photos is enough to sink my second floor apartment below ground. And so, let the scanning begin!

If you were at the wedding, I'll send you a digitized souvenir. But the photo that really gets to me is this one of our first apartment with the harvest gold appliances, the yellow Copco tea kettle, and the lovely macrame plant hangers. Ooh. I still miss that Quaker Oats cookie jar!


© 2014 Nancy L. Ruder

2 comments:

seana graham said...

That is of an era, all right, Nancy. I think it was a slightly earlier era, but not too far off, when all the appliances were in the odd butu lovely shade of avocado.

Collagemama said...

I had the avocado crockpot, of course.