4/24/2014

One egg short of a dozen

Yes, an egg is unaccounted for. The good news from Oregon is the missing egg is the plastic kind, and it is AWOL indoors.

Mr. Short Stack's parents have already learned the hard $way that dogs must not eat raisins. I'm hoping the wayward ovoid holds only organic Cheerios.



Unaccounted for Easter egg
Hard-boiled egg
Plastic egg
Indoors
Pew sulphur
Pet hazard
Outdoors
Vermin
Mower hazard

Thirty years ago I was usually one chicken short of a Fisher Price farm. If I couldn't find all the fowl, I couldn't get to sleep. Still, I believe those days as a stay-home mother were the most important job I ever held.

Where am I going from here? The crystal ball is foggy. The ducks are not in a row. The chickens have not come home to roost, nor have they crossed the road.

If I had GPS, my future would be clearer to Big Brother. The data collected from your GPS for three months allows "Them" to accurately predict your next move. "Them" might be able to find the missing Easter egg under the sofa cushions.

Looking forward to reading Hiawatha Bray's new book, You Are Here  From the Compass to GPS, the History and Future of How We Find Ourselves

Bray calls for limits on government use of advanced location techniques to track citizens, noting that police departments now “keep tabs on us with almost Orwellian diligence.” It takes just three months’ worth of location data for a researcher to predict a person’s next move with accuracy.



You are here, but where's the egg?


© 2014 Nancy L. Ruder

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Oh, my, I do appreciate your egg and GPS heads-ups here!

Collagemama said...

It's kind of creepy, Kathleen. I bet "they" can also predict where I'll make my next debit card purchase.