I've learned many things about cars, drivers, collision repair, and insurance, and it can be summed up as follows:
- Don't have an accident.
- Look back over your shoulder one more time.
- Get the rental coverage on your policy.
- Insurance people don't care that you've never had an accident before and you do not speak their foreign lingo.
- Whip out your smart phone and take photos of everything.
- Even if you prefer grinding coffee beans each morning, keep an emergency supply of ground coffee.
The warning siren could sound like this:
We had language difficulties on the playground today. One of the French students was asking if the noise was a firetruck, but we thought she was asking to use the sidewalk chalk.
A siren sounded in my head last Wednesday when my Mr. Coffee grinder went flopbot. No ground coffee stashed anywhere in the condo, just beans from Trader Joe's. This could have been a very ugly situation if I had not had two birthday gift cards--one for Starbucks, and one for getting a new coffee grinder at Kohls.
Meeow uses a coffee mug to make the siren on his box fire engine.
|Apple amaryllis collage 2009 N. Ruder|
A is for apples and amaryllis
B is for Buick bashed in
C is for collision
D is for deductible
E is for educational
F is lest we forget Meeow and the Big Box
G is for gas tank filled before returning rental