2/02/2014

Shredded wheat phalanx goes haywire

Om All servers are down. It has been an interesting internet-less day at the library. Peaceful, except for explaining to patrons why we couldn't perform our normal range of biblioacrobatics. Nothing truly disastrous happened.

It could have been an afternoon in my grandma's Carnegie Library in Pierce, Nebraska, just cards in book pockets and date due stamps, bicycles out front, dust motes in the sunbeams, flies buzzing, and a couple kids asking for Nancy Drew books. We did have two kids asking for Nancy Drew today.



Clear When Johnny Eames posted a photo of spaghetti electrical cables through hot dog transformers everything became ___________.



You can call them vienna sausage squids or you can call them hot dog octopi. It's a Spaghetti-Os beenie weenie super collider. Now I wish I hadn't given away my How and Why Book of Electricity and my 1960 Play Doh Fun Factory extrusion press.

Rolling blackouts occur when need for electricity outstrips supply. If we all bring water to a rolling boil to cook hot dog octopi on a cold night, we will be in for a spell without power.

Clucks Draining the electrified octopi dogs in a colander is like Yogi Bear's brain swapped with a chicken's by the evil scientist in the Airstream trailer. My brain is already feeling swapped with Yogi's..

M
 Flux or TX 
My life is in a state of _______.




Phalanx  If you amassed enough hot dogs threaded with uncooked spaghetti you could act out important ancient Greek battles. 
Flavia I am hooked on Alan Bradley's Flavia de Luce mysteries. Flavia is a brilliant chemist who rides her bike, Gladys, to the library. Oh, and she is eleven years old. I wish she could team up with Paloma Josse from The Elegance of the Hedgehog. And now, how 'bout some hot dog spaghetti hedgehogs?

© 2014 Nancy L. Ruder

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

The hot dog octupi electrified me!!