3/28/2014

Chicken Soup for the Refrigerator Soul






Free range refrigerator soup:

This morning I found chicken soup for the soul all over the bottom of the refrigerator, although I initially suspected Wisconsin root beer. An appliance is as close as I get to an app, but there's probably an app for dealing with cracked and leaking plastic containers of defrosting homemade comfort soup. If I had a smart phone there would be soothing and inspirational stories while I cleaned out the low sodium organic (but still freakishly neon yellow) broth mess. 

Gratitude is the key to serenity, and I'm so grateful that the chicken chunks, beans, and veggies were still mostly frozen and inside the broken container. It's the little things that shine the light in our spiritual day! And the Lord said be sure to have some peanut butter in the pantry for when all hell breaks loose with your sack lunch planning.

© 2014 Nancy L. Ruder

No comments: