1/24/2016

Doing real work, not pretend

Sure, the thrill will wear off in a few years, but I love my little office. I love that it's off the map and barely on the floorplan. I love working with new library books. The $5.00 spent on tasteful magnets makes me happy. I'm plotting to put potted plants on the window sill.


My working life has been spent in art rooms, art supply closets, preschool classrooms, lunch rooms, and nap rooms. I've stood outside all day in every weather, hung around circulations desks, ladled up cream-O-wheat, and been out standing in my field of chiggers and ragweed. This is the cubicle I've always wanted!

Plotted : A Literary Atlas doesn't include Jo March's attic garret or Cinderella's hearth, but it has amazing maps for book junkies and fiction cartophiles. Andrew DeGraff throws in a bit of M.C. Escher, too. Try it, you'll like it!




© 2013-2016 Nancy L. Ruder

No comments: