10/30/2017

Black and white challenge OR Ghost vs. Fairies

Blog author of  NOT IN A STRAIGHT LINE, Photolera Claudinha, challenged me to post black and white photos on Facebook and tag friends to do the same. I can't quite get that together, but I've enjoyed the reminder to try some black and white shots. Halloween seems like a good time to compare black/white images with color.

Having just startled three deer on the trail as I went up the hill, it was nice to stop and snap the sparkling webs in the ten a.m. sunlight and catch my breath. The black and white photo emphasizes the underlying geometry of the spider's web, while the color one showcases the light coming from behind the web through the stems and grasses.



Flying off to haunt the neighborhood.


© 2013-2017 Nancy L. Ruder

1 comment:

Photolera Claudinha said...

WoW, Nancy! You've taken a simple photo "challenge" and added another dimension of interest and fun. Thank you! I've been on FB quite sparingly so I almost missed your tutorial. Glad I stumbled across it 😁