1/08/2018

Glorious day in the neighborhood

Perfect day for spending another three hundred bucks on my baby Buick. Now the window goes up, the window goes down, and the interior stayed dry during yesterday's rain. Used a variety of art supplies to wrap the gap -- clear cellophane, graphic acetate rejects, packing tape, even some iridescent "opal" cellophane. No duct tape or trash bags. This was an arty car window party wrap. Christo and Jeanne-Claude woulda been awed.


Perfect days are not usually associated with January, but we get some real sparklers this time of year. Absolutely gorgeous blue sky, bright sun, light wind, and temps roving from 45 to 60 degrees F. My walks from and to the repair shop were not walking meditations, although I paid attention to my feet, my steps, the rhythm. It was very restoring and peaceful.

 


In between the dropping off and picking up of my dear, if occasionally aggravating vehicle, I watched "Napoleon Dynamite" twice. Once didn't quite do it justice. The movie unwrapped some long buried junior high and high school memories. These were not peaceful and rainbow sparkly!

There is one positive development that might improve the teen years:


Hail to the Spartans.

© 2013-2017 Nancy L. Ruder

No comments: