4/22/2019

Tattoo gushing

If you must gush, gush softly.

Standing in a long line to check out at CVS, I could not help overhearing the cashier getting all in a bubbly lather about an admittedly hunky young dude's bicep tattoo. He had you and me sister on his arm. He had Mercator projections on his arm. He had latitude and longitude on his arm.  He had the whole world on his arm.

He also had a Snickers ice cream bar to purchase. The cashier switched from admiring the "very unique" tattoo to recommending her preferred Twix ice cream bars. I had to avert my eyes and cover my ears, while fumbling for my drug store reward keytag in the bottom of my purse. The cashier's nose ring was all a-quiver.

A pirate's life is a wonderful life a-rovin' over the sea. I was glad to purchase my get-well-soon card and leave for the PG-rated parking lot.

Yo-ho-ho and a frozen novelty to go.

© 2013-2019 Nancy L. Ruder

No comments: