5/22/2013

Dante's broccoli quiche





 
In the middle of making quiche

I came to a place where

the recipe was lost.

Juggling as usual a zucchini quiche recipe with refrigerator pie crust, a Joy of Cooking recipe with homemade rich pie dough, and an online one for a frozen crust and broccoli. 

Not sure just when in my life, but purdy near midway, I first found Dante wandering around in Canto 1, lines 1-3. True, I was supposed to have read some of The Inferno in Mrs. Barry's senior English class, along with Paradise Lost and Spenser's Faerie Queene. I did read all about Pooh and Piglet and the concentric circles of tracking a Woozle more than once, and got stuck with Eddy in the whirlpool Charybdis.

So, I know a bit about going to hell and back again, or detouring around it on gravel roads. I  get the quiche in to bake, and, presto, it is slopping over and burning onto the oven bottom.

School was a crazy place yesterday with lots of hyperventilating and overreacting about the destruction of Moore, Oklahoma. Tornadoes don't single out schools the way lone, crazy gunmen do.  Let's all get back to normal and finish the semester.

© 2013 Nancy L. Ruder

No comments: