7/19/2013

Green library night



Bringing my library life list to number sixty-seven, I visited the Timberglen Branch of the Dallas Public Library to hear blogger Plano Prairie Bluestem speak about turning his lawn into a certified wildlife habitat of native plants. His yard has been certified by the National Wildlife Federation, Texas Parks and Wildlife, and as a Monarch way station.

The Timberglen Branch is certified, too, as a Gold LEED building. This is the first time I've seen parking spaces reserved for ultra low emission vehicles and hybrids. You can see information about the building on this interactive site. Sadly, people still litter outside a green building, so I won't post my photos of the rainwater collection/cistern system. The library had a good number of patrons using its services on a hot summer evening.

  


It was a certified good evening outing all round.

© 2013 Nancy L. Ruder

1 comment:

Michael - Plano Prairie Garden said...

Thanks again for coming. Let me know the next time you talk about worm composting. I would be interested in attending.