11/10/2013

Lou Noir, Ace Handle Jiggler

A down-on-her-luck teacher at the Acme Preschool continues to ask life's persistent questions while jiggling the handle.  She knows her tombstone will read:

Last words
Two jobs.
Seven toilets.
All running marathons, but failing to rehydrate.
Two too wimpy to flush when push comes to shove.
One water turned off due to construction.

Hey baby, can I untangle your chain? In the course of a week I lift the lid and untangle chains at least twice a day. I jiggle handles once an hour during daylight. Using the plunger is a regular part of my job, but not in the description.

On a normal school day I intercept a preschool potty-user at least every fifteen minutes to return for hand-washing.Yes, it's a glamour job.
The Shadow Knows


Run, run, as fast as you can

So that's why I'm listening to Nordic noir books on cd in the car. For my dark commute in a city with obstinate and belligerent plumbing a Scandinavian detective tracking serial killers and heroin purveyors is a sunshiny moment.






Mummifying Tut

© 2013 Nancy L. Ruder

4 comments:

seana graham said...

The things they don't tell you when you're choosing a career...

Kathleen said...

You always make me giggle.

Collagemama said...

Amen, Seana!

Kim said...

What to do when a patient poops in the middle of the gym floor or pees on your new shoes was not on my P.T. licensing exam, for sure.