|(Skunks for Kim and Sisi)|
The trendy theme in this year's Valentine exchange and preschool party is ... mustaches. Huh? Faux tattoo mustaches ... Stick-on furry mustaches.
And the runner up is Frosted Flakes, as in "I am cereal-sly glad you are my Valentine". Tony the Tiger would look great with a mustache.
Why do we even have Valentine parties in classes? So we can make stuff out of fun foam??? No:
- So each preschool student will practice printing his/her name twenty times, give or take.
- So each elementary student will fold a paper, visualize an ice cream cone, and cut a heart shape.
- So we can all think about friendship and being nice to each other.
- So we can practice the early math sequencing and fine motor skills required to place one card in each classmate's Valentine bag.
- So our parents can play around on Pinterest and Shutterfly to create Valentines cards that won't require watching the ordeal of a child signing cards for everyone in class. This defeats 1 and 2.
- So even boys can wear magenta sequins if they feel the urge. And everyone can wear mustaches, I guess.