1/14/2016

The belated but still Coveted Nancy Awards

The judges have finally announced the 2015 recipients of the Coveted Nancy Awards for fine literary consumption at the breakfast table and on the morning commute. I do much of my best "reading" while inching along on the expressway. My new office is a grown-up version of the private cereal box reading fort.

Recollecting the reading of 2015 is easier now with Goodreads.com. The website can be a time suck, but it's been better than my previous list attempts.

The 2015 awards go to:


  • Audiobooks narrated by Patti Smith -- as addictive as jalapeno/sea salt peanuts.
  • Author of the Year Award to Erik Larson -- 4 titles including the
  • Nonfiction Award to Dead Wake
  • Fiction Award to Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler
  • Most Unrewarding Slog Award to Anna Karenina

Previous recipients can be found at the links below:

2014

2013

2012-2013

2012 link not working, but the memorable titles were The Tiger's Wife, Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk, and Quiet: The Power of Introverts.

Goal for 2016: To spend more weekend morning time reading bundled between quilts and pillows the way I did as a kid. My mom, Fritzi, just required us to be up and dressed by noon. Someday I will have to write about books shared with Fritzi who passed away eleven years ago today. O, Best Beloved!

© 2013-2016 Nancy L. Ruder

No comments: