Recollecting the reading of 2015 is easier now with Goodreads.com. The website can be a time suck, but it's been better than my previous list attempts.
The 2015 awards go to:
- Audiobooks narrated by Patti Smith -- as addictive as jalapeno/sea salt peanuts.
- Author of the Year Award to Erik Larson -- 4 titles including the
- Nonfiction Award to Dead Wake
- Fiction Award to Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler
- Most Unrewarding Slog Award to Anna Karenina
Previous recipients can be found at the links below:
2012 link not working, but the memorable titles were The Tiger's Wife, Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk, and Quiet: The Power of Introverts.
Goal for 2016: To spend more weekend morning time reading bundled between quilts and pillows the way I did as a kid. My mom, Fritzi, just required us to be up and dressed by noon. Someday I will have to write about books shared with Fritzi who passed away eleven years ago today. O, Best Beloved!
© 2013-2016 Nancy L. Ruder