5/31/2019

Read it for yourself



So very nice to have an inquisitive and quiet little visitor in the office this Friday afternoon. This jumping spider was exploring the bulletin board behind my computer, checking out my Christmas cards, photos of grandchildren and friends, playing hide-and-seek in my bookmarks, and flashing its green eyes at me. After the bulletin board it moved on to travel the length of the red telephone cord, checked out the desk light, and traversed the top edge of the computer monitor. 

When it hopped down near my empty Solo cup we stared at each other.  "Wouldn't you prefer to be outside?, " I asked by spidey telepathy, and popped the plastic lid over the little guy. 


With the spider safely in the cup and the lid on top, we headed out. But, wait! There on the linoleum  in the next room was another exploring spider the same size. I let my tiny visitor out of the paper cup and the two of them ran off together.


If you are curious, check things out at your local library!

© 2013-2019 Nancy L. Ruder

No comments: