4/06/2020

Weekending From Home #2 Takeaways




Solitude is not the same as loneliness.

"Use your time wisely" is not the same as productivity.

Sitting around the dining table listening to humorous survival stories of the Dust Bowl, the Great Depression, and WWII gave me powerful resource for this moment.

Creativity doesn't require a finished product.

Adaptation and change take a lot of energy, and sleep is a reasonable response.

Bacon is a powerful force for good. No Jedi required.

If I don't protect and take care of myself the people who love me are going to be seriously pissed off.

It's good to have a tire pressure/inflation kit in the trunk of the Buick.

Tastees:

1 lb. ground beef, not browned
1/2 cup water
2 T vinegar
1 t dry mustard
1/4 cup catsup
2 T horseradish sauce
1/4 t chili powder
(1 medium onion, chopped)
Ground black pepper
Worchestershire?

Mix together and cook 1 hour, uncovered. Serve on bun with sliced dill pickles. Inhale steam.

© 2013-2020 Nancy L. Ruder

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

What temperature should I set the oven? (Also, if I don't have horseradish, can I use barbecue sauce?)

Collagemama said...

Kathleen--Tastees are just one of the many variations of loose meat sandwiches or Sloppy Joes. Tastees are made in a saucepan on a burner, and turn out very soft. I associate them with recovering from strep throat as a child. Barbecue sauce would be good, just different.